We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Sorry, I should have figured that out myself. And you’re right that only part of the tree is redrawn (although it seems that many of your cases should only involve rewriting one line of the tree in place).

Do you have dirty flags on individual fields? If so, it might be possible to skip the redraw if the only change is to the content field.

I suspect that would be the case for 90% of all saves.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Aug 17, 2009, 09:06 PM

Do you have dirty flags on individual fields? If so, it might be possible to skip the redraw if the only change is to the content field. I suspect that would be the case for 90% of all saves.

Yeah, we do; that might get complex with RTEs. I look into it.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 51 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Aug 17, 2009, 09:06 PM
        I suspect that would be the case for 90% of all saves.

I agree. The part that annoys me is that the tree gets redrawn, when it doesn’t need to.
        In the cases mentioned above, where the tree should be updated, it’s not really a big deal when the tree is redrawn.
        Then it’ll make sense.

But like you said: if it’s only a content change, there’s no need to redraw the tree, because nothing in the tree actually changes.