We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,390 Posts
    I am not sure this is the right board for this but here goes:

According to the Revo docs in the Wiki

What are Filters?

Filters in Revolution allow you to manipulate the way data is presented or parsed in a tag.

Input Filters: Currently input filters process tag calls. More documentation to come.

Output Filters: In Revolution, Output Filters behave similarly to Phx calls in MODx 096 - except they’re built into the core.

Are filters the answer to simple logic that is currently possible with Phx - e.g. "if TV is empty do this; if it is not empty do that" - ? OR, like has been proposed in other posts, to use snippets (conform to MVC) for such logic instead ? Many thanks.

cheers/k
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: kongondo at Aug 13, 2009, 11:22 AM

Are filters the answer to simple logic that is currently possible with Phx - e.g. "if TV is empty do this; if it is not empty do that" - ?
      Yes.

OR, like has been proposed in other posts, to use snippets (conform to MVC) for such logic instead ? Many thanks.cheers/k
      Yes.

Both are true. Filters employ pHX-style parsing, but for conditional logic, we would prefer people use Snippets. However, flexibility over rigidity is a goal of MODx, so we kept the conditionals in there. You can do it however you want.

It’s up to you.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 1,390 Posts
        Thx for the answers.

I appreciate that the documentation is still in progress. Besides the string modifiers, are there conditional operators to come? (in the documentation i.e.); I couldn’t find any. Thx.

cheers/k