We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    I am trying to install Revolution Beta 3, downloaded today from the main MODx site as a Zip and uploaded via Filezilla. I have changed permissions universally to 777, I have increased memory in php.ini to 128Mb, but I’m still getting a blank page at setup/index.php?action=options, the third page, after selecting language then "This program will guide you..."

Server is with 1and1, Plesk 9.9, CentOS5, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 5.0.45-7. Browser is Firefox 3.5.

Anyone have any further ideas?
      Learning a little more each day.
      • 4,149 Posts
      What’s your max_execution_time set to?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • PHP 5.1.6 is not recommended for Revolution. The PDO implementation on which Revolution depends is very flaky in that version and is known to cause problems. I highly recommend testing Revolution locally while in beta stages and finding a host that keeps up better with PHP upgrades.
        • We should have the installer warn about any version of PHP prior to 5.2.x I think for Revo just to save a lot of heartache.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 46 Posts
            Thanks all. I have a root server which I have total control of, so I’ll run a PHP 5.2 upgrade and report back.
              Learning a little more each day.