We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    I was just going to add another user, so we could test whether the editing security was also there in Revolution (The "User2 is currently editing this document." error).
    But in order to do so, I had to add another user.
    Once I did and tried to login with the new account, the manager tells me:

Error!

Permission denied! [ Logout ]

With the logout-link redirecting to connectors/security/logout.php.

After that, it doesn’t work anymore. The manager page will only show the error, instead of the login screen and all I get is this error page, or a blank page after I click the link.

Does anyone have any idea what might have gone wrong?
      • 51 Posts
      Anyone?.. huh
        • 4,149 Posts
        Did you add that user to the Administrators group, as a Super User?

For now, clear your modx_sessions table. Then login as admin, add the new user to the group, and it will work.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 51 Posts
          I figured out where it went wrong.
          I had forgotten to add the access permissions.
          When I added another user now, everything worked fine.

This is just a thought, but since the access permissions are required, maybe it would be better to put the User Group and Role fields for that in the main screen?
          I forgot it the first time, because I didn’t look at the second tab.
          A second tab usually only contains extras and not required fields.
            • 4,149 Posts
            Definitely valid points. Could you file that in JIRA? We’ll make sure to figure out an implementation that’s more intuitive.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 51 Posts
              I just did, although I think some of the other things I pointed out earlier there are more important (and they haven’t been looked at yet).
              But I’ll just have to wait and see what’s going to be done with it.