We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Jul 24, 2009, 08:17 AM

When you can’t log in:

- Have you tried clearing the browser cache/cookies?
    ==>I did that, but it didn’t change anything.
    - Are there any errors in the MODx error log or the Apache error log?
    ==>There’s nothing in the MODx log. I can’t open the Apache error log huh
    - Have you looked in the DB with PhpMyAdmin to see if the admin username and password are still there?
    ==>I did it, but everything’s still there.
    - Can you always log out and back in if you *don’t* change anything on the site?
    ==> If I don’t change anything, the problem does not occur. I’ve repeatedly tried that.
    As splittingred says, it’s a really odd error. I’ve never seen it through many installs of Revo. Next time it happens, you might try deleting the contents of the core/cache directory.
      • 51 Posts
      After installing Bèta 3 today, a few things have happened:

1. I suddenly get thrown out, instead of simply not being able to log in the next time.
      2. It can’t find anything, as I get the "Page Not Found" error even for the manager.

Also: I noticed that when I drop all the modx_ tables from my database and then Ctrl+F5 my page, it suddenly recreates modx_document_groups, modx_session, modx_site_content and modx_site_templates. There’s only 1 row in _session, and the other 3 tables remain empty.
        • 51 Posts
        Quote from: paz at Jul 24, 2009, 09:59 AM

Quote from: BobRay at Jul 24, 2009, 08:17 AM

When you can’t log in:

- Have you tried clearing the browser cache/cookies?
        ==>I did that, but it didn’t change anything.
        - Are there any errors in the MODx error log or the Apache error log?
        ==>There’s nothing in the MODx log. I can’t open the Apache error log huh
        - Have you looked in the DB with PhpMyAdmin to see if the admin username and password are still there?
        ==>I did it, but everything’s still there.
        - Can you always log out and back in if you *don’t* change anything on the site?
        ==> If I don’t change anything, the problem does not occur. I’ve repeatedly tried that.
        As splittingred says, it’s a really odd error. I’ve never seen it through many installs of Revo. Next time it happens, you might try deleting the contents of the core/cache directory.

I’ve been able to look at the Apache error log as well now, but there’s nothing in there.
          • 14 Posts
          Quote from: paz at Jul 23, 2009, 08:18 AM

==> I have written a simple script that allows me to duplicate an entire context, where all links are also modified automatically, so I don’t really need to duplicate 1000 web documents. It was just as an example, since not everyone will have such a script.

Could you share your script with us? Or has any other way to clone contexts come along? I am in need of this ability - thanks!