On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • Hi,

is there any option to turn off Auto-Logout in 2.1.1?

I can’t work the way i do (with multiple tabs open) and have to constantly re-login to manager. Somehow the session gets killed.
    I asked in IRC and i’m not the only one having the issue.

running 2.1.1. in chrome.

is there a system pref i am missing?

thanks,
    niklas
    • If you login and use the checkbox, it should (unless you reconfigured something) set the session.gc_maxlifetime equal to the value of session_cookie_lifetime. Try setting the value of the new session_gc_maxlifetime System Setting to the same value as session_cookie_lifetime (604800 which equals 7 days), flush all sessions and try logging in again. Let me know if that resolves the issue for you or not.
      • thanks, the issue seems fixed in 2.1.3
        • Hi Guys
          With Varnish Cache running with Modx 227 The manager just keeps logging out and updating resource content can cause the Save process to hang. Any ideas what I could change in attached or elsewhere to disable session stuff in manager
          Thanks

Ubuntu 12.04LTS, PHP 5.3.6, Modx Revo227
          • Quote from: howster at May 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
            Hi Guys
            With Varnish Cache running with Modx 227 The manager just keeps logging out and updating resource content can cause the Save process to hang. Any ideas what I could change in attached or elsewhere to disable session stuff in manager
            This sounds like a Varnish configuration issue. The manager requires sessions and connect be cached...
            • Hello, i have the same problem as a topic starter.
              i am using MODX 2.5.7.(php 7)
              When i am editing resources, and after all click button Preview it logs out me instantly though. nevertheless even preview opened in new tab/window.
              i have tried to change settings of session life and gc.. but nothing helped.
              can somebody help me, i need to find solution for it.