We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    Hi,

is there any option to turn off Auto-Logout in 2.1.1?

I can’t work the way i do (with multiple tabs open) and have to constantly re-login to manager. Somehow the session gets killed.
    I asked in IRC and i’m not the only one having the issue.

running 2.1.1. in chrome.

is there a system pref i am missing?

thanks,
    niklas
    • If you login and use the checkbox, it should (unless you reconfigured something) set the session.gc_maxlifetime equal to the value of session_cookie_lifetime. Try setting the value of the new session_gc_maxlifetime System Setting to the same value as session_cookie_lifetime (604800 which equals 7 days), flush all sessions and try logging in again. Let me know if that resolves the issue for you or not.
        • 81 Posts
        thanks, the issue seems fixed in 2.1.3
          • 353 Posts
          Hi Guys
          With Varnish Cache running with Modx 227 The manager just keeps logging out and updating resource content can cause the Save process to hang. Any ideas what I could change in attached or elsewhere to disable session stuff in manager
          Thanks

Ubuntu 12.04LTS, PHP 5.3.6, Modx Revo227
          • Quote from: howster at May 12, 2013, 03:02 PM
            Hi Guys
            With Varnish Cache running with Modx 227 The manager just keeps logging out and updating resource content can cause the Save process to hang. Any ideas what I could change in attached or elsewhere to disable session stuff in manager
            This sounds like a Varnish configuration issue. The manager requires sessions and connect be cached...
              • 1 Posts
              Hello, i have the same problem as a topic starter.
              i am using MODX 2.5.7.(php 7)
              When i am editing resources, and after all click button Preview it logs out me instantly though. nevertheless even preview opened in new tab/window.
              i have tried to change settings of session life and gc.. but nothing helped.
              can somebody help me, i need to find solution for it.