We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hi All, still attempting to setup 2.4 RC4 revo using mySQL.
    The setups failed the other day, upgraded my time out settings...
    max_execution_time.
    from 30, to the recommended MODx docs they suggest 120, now I get more signs of life smiley

MySQL settings from setup were:
    - Checking MySQL server version: OK! Running: 5.0.45-community-nt on IIS 6 -fastcgi - php 5.+
    - Checking MySQL client version: OK! Running: 5.0.22

--------------
    And the error:
    Checking database: Table prefix is already in use in this database!
    ---------------
    The setup this time by default came up with the Upgrade installation radio button checked.
    I was never able to complete an installation though, so there is no administration user set, help?
    ----------

More details on my muddled up installation (read operator errors) are here in general discussions:
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,64037.0.html
    I had wanted to try running MS SQL plan B was MySQL for this dev run.
      MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
      • 77 Posts
      Updated results:
      Table prefix was the problem, changed table prefix from modx to something else.
      Everything worked through, creating a database user, and then installing, so I got two steps further, but it still came back to a blank screen, at /manager/ path?

Darn sad

Server: IIS 6 - fastcgi
      Php: 5.2.13
      MySQL server version: 5.0.45-community-nt
      MySQL client version: 5.0.22
        MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
        • 77 Posts

My current thinking is I should fall back to the production version 2.08 revo, I don’t yet know how smoothly that will install on my host. My recent successes were on a WebMatrix IIS Express test server.
          MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
          • 77 Posts
          Hey all, I was able to get up and running with revo 2.08.
          Not sure what botched up my 2.1 rc4 attempts.

For this install I created the config.inc.php and made it writable ahead of time.
          Made the entire core folder writable
          When prompted created an Asset folder and made it writable.

So I’m maybe good, I hope when the MS Sql version is available there is some documentation for installation using that db, otherwise for newbies, it’s always a guess as to what’s gone wrong, and many times it’s something obvious like stupidity and operator errors, spell checks, etc.

Thanks for the Revolution!
            MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
            • 77 Posts
            I lied, the installation all seemed fine.
            Logging into the manager page and boom blank page, no control panel sad

I keep trying, and talking to myself smiley
            fan boy out.
              MODx Revo 2.1 and done!
            • This is likely due to this bug which is fixed in git for 2.1.0-pl...
                • 77 Posts
                Thanks OG, my attempt this time was pretty close, almost painless.

Will the process vary at all to try MS SQL as a db, at least in regards to stepping through the install process?
                2.1 is still a few days out right, not sure on target dates?
                  MODx Revo 2.1 and done!