We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’m trying to add a new user in 2.1 RC3 but when it comes to choosing the usergroup it fails. You see the drop down like it’s fetching the list and then it stops. The error log gives me the following errors:

[2011-04-27 16:09:00] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
    (
    )

[2011-04-27 16:09:03] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
    (
    )

[2011-04-27 16:09:10] (ERROR @ /connectors/security/group.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
    Array
    (
        [0] => 42S22
        [1] => 1054
        [2] => Unknown column 'modUserGroup.rank' in 'field list'
    )

[2011-04-27 16:09:15] (ERROR @ /home/USER/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/23.include.cache.php : 125) Recoverable error: Object of class modDocument_mysql could not be converted to string
    [2011-04-27 16:09:19] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
    (
    )

[2011-04-27 16:09:20] (ERROR @ /home/USER/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/23.include.cache.php : 125) Recoverable error: Object of class modDocument_mysql could not be converted to string
    [2011-04-27 16:09:29] (ERROR @ /home/USER/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/23.include.cache.php : 125) Recoverable error: Object of class modDocument_mysql could not be converted to string
    [2011-04-27 16:10:02] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
    (
    )

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
      Patrick | Server Wrangler
      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
    • Can you look in your modx_member_groups table and verify that there’s a field named ’rank’ there?
        Mike Schell
        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
        Email: [email protected]
        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
        Twitter: @mkschell
      • I just checked and it was missing. I recreated it based on a fresh install of RC3, but the problem still exists.

Error message now:

[2011-04-27 20:16:46] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
        (
        )

[2011-04-27 20:16:46] (ERROR @ /home/kmagco/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/23.include.cache.php : 125) Recoverable error: Object of class modDocument_mysql could not be converted to string
        [2011-04-27 20:16:49] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
        (
        )

[2011-04-27 20:16:58] (ERROR @ /connectors/security/group.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
        Array
        (
            [0] => 42S22
            [1] => 1054
            [2] => Unknown column 'modUserGroup.rank' in 'field list'
        )

[2011-04-27 20:17:03] (ERROR @ /home/kmagco/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/23.include.cache.php : 125) Recoverable error: Object of class modDocument_mysql could not be converted to string
        [2011-04-27 20:17:12] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error parsing IN condition with key usergroup: Array
        (
        )

• Bear with me while I weed out some high-level possibilities tongue
          Is this an install where all of the files are fresh, the database was empty, you’re sure you’re connecting to the db you think you are etc...
          Reason I’m starting with that is that I can’t replicate the problem and there’s nothing obvious missing from the schema or setup files. It almost sounds like, if you have the `rank` field now, that the map files are old .. or .. something.
            Mike Schell
            Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
            Email: [email protected]
            GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
            Twitter: @mkschell
          • Sounds like there may have been an issue with the upgrade. Let me try rerunning the upgrade tonight and see if that resolves the problem.

The site is fully functional outside of this issue (and the ok button dosn’t work after clearing the cache, but that’s another issue)

I will report back tonight.