We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 387 Posts
    whistlemaker Reply #1, 13 years ago
    2.1 rc3 - when adding a snippet to a resource using drag and drop for some snippets (for example getResources) it brings up a Select Element Options window. In Safari or Chrome on OS 10.6.7 this window does not scroll so one has to tab through all the entries to get to the bottom in order to access the cancel or save buttons.

It does scroll in Firefox (3.6.16) and in Opera 11 one can scroll the both the original background window and the ’SEO window’ separately.

So guessing it is a webkit ’thing’

Annoying - pretty much like in Safari you have to click the center of the floating buttons (to save, preview etc) for them to work - if you get the edge the cursor changes to a pointer but does not work - this also works correctly in Opera - in Firefox the pointer does not change until you get it into the central part of the button.

Guess I’ll be using Opera (or Firefox) for at least the near future.
      • 4,149 Posts
      splittingred Reply #2, 13 years ago
      Can you file this in http://bugs.modx.com ?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 387 Posts
        whistlemaker Reply #3, 13 years ago
        Can you file this in http://bugs.modx.com ?
        Done - the non scrolling bit.

I did look at the html/css for both things I mentioned a bit... - a bit complicated, perhaps overly so? I did not see any quick fix to hack for myself.

and the Save, Duplicate, etc buttons - they use tables for layout !?! - yep each button is multiple columns and rows as is the space between them, I was expecting the usual menu style i.e. a list with anchors styled with padding/margins/floats and so on - lets just say it is not a technique that I will copy!

And so I aim for the center of the buttons, improve my mousing skills and watch for the success pop up!
        And when I think first I just use Opera!