We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    Can somebody give me a use case or 2, for this new input type "Hidden" for the TVs?

Much appreciated. smiley
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
    • That’s not new is it? IIRC Evo also has it?

I’ve not used it myself, but I can definitely see use cases for addons requiring a reference from a resource - for example a "draft" hidden TV which can be used to identify a draft version of the resource in a different table. Not sure how Babel does it, but that could also work w/ hidden TVs to reference the translated version.

Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 24,544 Posts
        I think these were missing from early versions of 2.0.

As for uses, they don’t show up when editing a resource but can be displayed with tags. Their values can also be retrieved and set in code.

I have never used one either, but they do allow you to hide TVs from low-level Manager users without the trouble of form customization or ACLs. It might also be useful for something like a page count TV where you don’t want the user to be able to edit it manually.

The value can be inherited or a default value (or both), and if you want to, you can create them as Text TVs, set their values for a bunch of resources, then change them to hidden and they’ll retain the values.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting