We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 191 Posts
    On MODX Revolution 2.1.0-rc2 (git - most recent commit be6894a8b7c1d0dbe7bf) - when I select compress css and compress js in the manager stylesheets and javascript won’t load. Any thoughts why?

wamp 2.0 / W7 / all browsers / clean install
      God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
      • 4,149 Posts
      splittingred Reply #2, 13 years ago
      Because compress_css and compress_js (and concat_js) aren’t available in the from-Git version unless you run a build, which creates the minimized files from source.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 191 Posts
        hmm.. I am running build, but maybe something else is going on. The build script has been taking 3-5 minutes, so perhaps something isn’t working correctly. I’ve been running the build from the browser as opposed to running from a shell. For some reason I can’t get the php interactive shell working right in windows.

Perhaps I’ll try running the transport.core.php from bash shell on my linux VM and see if that helps.
          God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
        • You must run the build.xml Phing script to create the minimized and concatenated js/css files. This is not handled by the transport.core.php script.

See http://www.jasoncoward.com/technology/2010/10/modx-revolution-builds-by-phing.html for some information on this until we get some documentation published for this at rtfm.
            • 191 Posts
            Thanks - I’ll work on implementing that now that I know what’s going on.