We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 494 Posts
    I use sqlsrv.

Test database server connection and view collations.
    Connecting to database server: Success!

Create or test selection of your database.
    Checking database: MODX could not create your database. Please manually create your database and then try again.

My database exist.
    If somebody install modx with mssql?

modx revo rc1 advanced; iis7.5; sql 2008 r2 express ; php 5.2.*
      • 1,336 Posts
      Yes I have, this worked for me (SQL Server 2005) when I had no pre-created database, check your db perms for database creation.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 494 Posts
        Could not connect to database server: SQLSTATE[08001]: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. \n"],"success":false}

Just try a lot of version of installing with different user databased etc. And I still have error.
        "Named Pipes" is enebled
          • 1,336 Posts
          Does this shed any light :_
          When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remoteconnections.

Enable remote connections.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277
          so you should be using localhost or 127.0.0.1

I’m not really a windows guy TBH, now you’ve got this far you may be better googling off list.

Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
            • 494 Posts
            this does not metter
            • You’ll have to provide information on how you are trying to authenticate to MS SQL Server, and it’s going to be all about permissions...
                • 494 Posts
                Every thing all right.
                But it do not work for me.
                Do u have any guid?
                try to do it on to servers local win 2008(iis 7) and remote win 20008 r2 (iis 7.5)
                sql express r2

p.s. I’d like to have my favorite cms with my favorite Database
                end I ready to test
                • I’m running fine against MS SQL Server 2008 R2/IIS 7.5 on my Windows 7 VM. It took me forever to figure out how to deal with both file and database permissions on Windows, so I’m sure this is where your difficulty lies. Let us know if you have more details about how you are authenticating to the database so we can help.
                    • 2 Posts
                    WooHoo!!! I just figured it out!!! I was struggling getting this to work with wampserver and sql server 2008 r2. I was trying to use the php 1.1 driver from microsoft instead of the 2.0 community preview version. Try the community version, and in the php extensions section, use the php_pdo_sqlsrv_(whatever you’re running) extentions instead. Worked like a charm!!!