We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 14
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 43
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 1
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 28
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 20
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 38
    Resource URI already exists for resource id = 32; skipping duplicate resource URI for resource id = 16

and no uri’s showing in wayfinder. some resources when resaved start showing up again.
      • 44 Posts
      seems like reinstalling the wayfinder has solved this.
        • 191 Posts
        I had this same issue except I don’t have wayfinder installed. I checked the cache/context_settings/web/context.cache.php file and noticed that the aliasMap array was empty except for home. The way I resolved it was by changing the alias of all top-level resources (in manager) and then saving and changing back. Each time I saved a top level resource the alias map was also generated for all the children.

Specs: W7 / wamp 2.0 . Upgrading from 2.08 pl.
          God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
          • 130 Posts
          This sounds like the same problem I’m having. Thing is I have more than 30 site contexts in my install so this work-around is not feasible for me.

I did confirm that changing the alias, saving, and changing back to the original alias fixes the problem for me as well. Just can’t apply this method to so many contexts and resources so I need a patch of some sort.

-Brian
          • You can try this script to recalculate the URIs, though if there is an error it may still not fix all of them until the issue which caused the recalculation not to occur on upgrade is resolved. Clear the cache after running it.

Are you sure there were no error logs produced by the upgrade (see core/cache/logs/).
            • NOTE: You can also trigger recalculation by changing the friendly_url settings, changing the Content Type extensions, etc.
                • 130 Posts
                Jason, Thanks for the quick response.

During the initial setup, the install fails with the message:
                "Fatal error: Call to a member function getOption() on a non-object in /home/moaustin/public_html/core/model/modx/modresource.class.php on line 665".

There are some errors logged during the process...
                [2011-05-27 12:31:54] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                Array
                (
                    [0] => 42S22
                    [1] => 1054
                    [2] => Unknown column 'modResource.uri' in 'field list'
                )

[2011-05-27 12:31:55] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                Array
                (
                    [0] => 42S22
                    [1] => 1054
                )

[2011-05-27 12:31:57] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                Array
                (
                    [0] => 42S22
                    [1] => 1054
                )

[2011-05-27 12:31:59] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                Array
                (
                    [0] => 42S22
                    [1] => 1054
                )

[2011-05-27 12:32:02] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                Array
                (
                    [0] => 42S22
                    [1] => 1054
                )

-Brian
                • One of the first things that happens on upgrade is the database gets the uri field added. This should be getting created on upgrade. I think you may have botched the upgrade somehow if that column does not exist. It is required for 2.1 to operate.
                    • 130 Posts
                    Ok, so the fatal error message is occuring because the field does not exist like it should at that point in the install? Where should this uri field be added? To the modx_site_content table? When I re-run the install I don’t get the fatal error the 2nd time. How can I verify that the installer is creating this properly after the 2nd install?

Update:

I see the URI field in the table after the 2nd time the installer is run. Most of the values are "null", a few have IDs, and one has an alias.

-Brian
                    • It’s added to the site_content table before anything else occurs. The code to add this column is executed as part of the RC1 upgrade script, which should get fired if upgrading from any 2.0.x release.