We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    For interested parties I’ve installed revo 2.1.0-rc1 on my XP test box under XAMPP but using my SQL Server 2005 install for the database rather than MYSQL.

You need to install the SQLServerDrivers for PHP from Microsoft and I also needed to install an SQL server 2008 client pack, both small.

Update your php.ini to use the new drivers and it should just work depending on your XAMPP/XP/SQL Server setup of course.

I’ll write this up when I get chance.

Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
    • Thanks for the feedback on SQL Server installation.
        • 1,336 Posts
        A snippet from converting my 3PC’s for 2.1 use, I found that Frontpage didn’t install on the SQL Server test site, it gave this error :-
        [SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Explicit value must be specified for identity column in table ’modx_site_content’ either
        when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to ON or when a replication user is inserting into a NOT FOR REPLICATION identity column. )

This is because I had this in my build script
        xPDOTransport::PRESERVE_KEYS => true,
        on my resources, this is wrong, it should be false(paste error) but I didn’t pick this up because MYSQL didn’t
        complain.

SQL Server seems to be more picky here, there may be other bits like this.

Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • This is because you have to SET IDENTITY INSERT tablename ON/OFF explicitly based on the PRESERVE_KEYS attribute for the sqlsrv driver. So, yes, much pickier, in many ways...