We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 284 Posts
    Hi all,

did you have tried this? Are there any problems that could occur? Any bugs that are breakers? Bugtracker seems to be a bit behind as 2.1rc1 is out but in bugtracker lots of related tickets are still unresolved.
    Did a fresh 2.1rc1 test setup and it works like a charm! Awesome work you all did!

Thank you,
    Anselm
      MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
      • 4,149 Posts
      splittingred Reply #2, 13 years ago
      As long as you’re not using any deprecated methods in your addons, you’ll be fine.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 170 Posts
        laugh Already upgraded customers production sites like a dream.

Thanks to the modX team

Philippe & Valérie
        http://www.art-impulsion.com & http://www.vdgraphics.com
        • I just upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.1rc1 on Windows 2008, IIS7.5 and PHP 5.2.17 and got the following error when after upgrading and logging into the manager to edit a page:
          Fatal error: Call to undefined method modX::isFrontend() in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\core\cache\includes\elements\modplugin\2.include.cache.php on line 33.

I will do some more trouble shooting and see if I can find what went wrong.
          • This error was caused by a slightly older version of TinyMCE. I updated to the latest version of TinyMCE and it works fine. Also I had to unistall and reinstall the latest version of Wayfinder for it to work properly on the front end in my templates that use Wayfinder.
              • 121 Posts
              Martijn van Turnhout Reply #6, 13 years ago
              I’m encountering a surprisinly large amount of bugs. I’ve already reported most @ bugs.modx.com and will continue to do so. To me it seems that the bugs I’ve encountered so far have something to do with Form Customization one way or another. I’ve setup a FC profile for a user group and put resource-create and resource-update rules in it for all the templates the client has access to. Then I start deciding which fields and TVs should and shouldn’t be visible for example.

When I’ve fully customized every template and made sure the configuration in the resource-create rules are exactly the same as in the resource-update rules, I save the page, logout as admin and enter the CMS as a client. However, I still see fields enabled which should be disabled, TVs which should not be visible for the client etc.

Again: I’ve already posted most of the bugs to bugs.modx.com. My website is running on mySQL 5.1.42 and PHP 5.3.4. and I’ve installed the following packages:

• codemirror
              • formit
              • getresourcefield
              • getresources
              • geturlparam
              • phpthumbof
              • tinymce
              • wayfinder

All have been updated to their latest version ofcourse.