We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Hi

I’ve just installed 2.1.3 Traditional on some fresh web space. The setup seemed to complete properly, but I’m unable to login in any browser. The first attempt gave ’You have been blocked due to too many failed login attempts.’

It’s a standard Linux (Red Hat, I think), with fasthosts.co.uk on what I think is a shared mysql server (an IP address other than the webserver’s, if that makes a diff.) MYSQL 5.0. *edit: phpinfo reports pdo_mysql 5.1.50.

The CSS styles are missing/404. I don’t know if that’s related. The source of the page is as pasted: (including the extra tabs - not pretty!)

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/manager/assets/ext3/resources/css/ext-all-notheme-min.css" />
    		<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/manager/templates//css/xtheme-modx.css" />
    	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/manager/templates//css/index.css" />
    	    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates//css/login.css" />

<script src="assets/ext3/adapter/ext/ext-base.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="assets/ext3/ext-all.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="assets/modext/build/core/modx-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    	<script src="/connectors/lang.js.php?topic=login" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="assets/modext/build/core/modx.component-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="assets/modext/build/util/utilities-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="assets/modext/build/widgets/core/modx.panel-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="assets/modext/build/widgets/core/modx.window-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <script src="assets/modext/build/sections/login-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I can see I’m missing /default/ in the paths. Could someone point me in the right direction? Is this a problem with the current ’stable’ release? I’m quite happy to install an older version (perhaps someone could link me up). I’d prefer to fix this if anyone has an idea.

Thanks v much in advance.
      • 24,544 Posts
      That sounds like one or more files got corrupted in transfer. MODX has thousands of files and it happens more often than you might think.

I would drop all the tables from the DB and try another download and upload.

FYI, it’s usually faster and more reliable to upload the MODX .zip file to the server and unzip it there using cPanel if possible.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 19 Posts
        Ah! Yeap - well done. That’s all it was.

Quote from: BobRay at Aug 11, 2011, 10:32 PM

...it’s usually faster and more reliable to upload the MODX .zip file to the server and unzip it there using cPanel if possible.
        It turned out I had some limited SSH access and I found myself a bit more at home with a wget.

Thanks for the help.