We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Can you tell me why if I uncheck a specific policy permission to view the file tree it won’t show anything on the resources tree? I just want my users to have access to their specific page only and not see the "file tab" however when I remove that permission, their assigned page no longer shows up in the resource tree.

Thanks for your help.
      • 24,544 Posts
      If that’s really happening as you describe, it would be a bug. The file_tree permission shouldn’t affect anything but the visibility of the File tree. TBH, I don’t see how it could affect anything else, but I can’t explain what you’re seeing.

What version of MODX?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 19 Posts
        It is version 2.1.3-pl I can’t figure it out either. I have permissions set so that the user only has access to one file, which was properly showing in the doc tree. However, when I unchecked the option to view the file tree, when I logged back in the file tree is gone but so is the resource that they had permissions to edit. I tested three or four times and it was the File Tree one everytime that caused the issue.

A bug perhaps? I’d really like to exclude the file tree so I don’t have to worry about them messing with any css files or other assets.

Thanks!
          • 24,544 Posts
          It sounds like you might be confusing files and resources. The things in the Resource tree are resources. All files are on the File tree.

Also, the user group needs to have a Context Access ACL entry with a context of ’web’ in order to see any resources in the web context in the Resource tree.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting