We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • This seems to be a version issue somehow with caching, but I’m not sure why... check this out:

Code like this works fine when it’s in the page content:
    [[!UltimateParent? &topLevel=`3`]]

But when it’s in the template, it doesn’t seem to be generating the value correctly... I’m using it to feed links in my template, eg.

<a href="[[~[[!UltimateParent? &topLevel=`3`]]]]">Top of the Folder (aka "Local Home")</a>

If I hardcode a value in the link, it works, but when left to the Snippet, the Snippet inside the template seems to fail and cough up 0, resulting in a link to the home page instead of to the "Local" home page. This causes massive craziness when the UltimateParent snippet is used to power the startId of Wayfinder.

Anyone have any ideas?

Revo 2.1.3-pl
    UltimateParet 2.0
    • Weird... it has to do with how nested Snippets are called. This definitely is a change from 2.1.2 and previous versions we’re seeing with version 2.1.3.

Counterintuitively, if I call the snippets in the templates CACHED, they have the effect I would expect with UNCACHED calls.

So this works in my templates: each page that uses across multiple directories correctly generates a link to the page’s containing folder. Not that UltimateParent is CACHED here.
      <a href="[[~[[UltimateParent? &topLevel=`3`]]]]">Top of the Folder (aka "Local Home")</a>