We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Something caused my Wayfinder menus to fritz out after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3. I’m not seeing anything in the PHP or in the MODx error logs, but my Wayfinder calls failed and my menus just disappeared.

I gotta role my sleeves up on this, but anyone have any ideas on where to start?
    • Just updating this as I go... this is F’d up: caching the Wayfinder call causes it to output nothing.

This returns nothing:
      [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`1main_nav_wrapper` &innerTpl=`parent_folders` &includeDocs=`[[!listChildIds?&parent=`0` &depth=`2`]]` &cacheResults=`1`]]

Whereas this causes the menu to be generated correctly (not cached):
      [[!Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`1main_nav_wrapper` &innerTpl=`parent_folders` &includeDocs=`[[!listChildIds?&parent=`0` &depth=`2`]]` &cacheResults=`1`]]

Removing the sneaky pump-priming arguments to "includeDocs" DOES work, but removing that makes the call too slow to be usable.
      [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`1main_nav_wrapper` &innerTpl=`parent_folders` ]]
      • Calling the innermost Snippet cached works too (the listChildIds one is now cached):

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`1main_nav_wrapper` &innerTpl=`parent_folders` &includeDocs=`[[listChildIds?&parent=`0` &depth=`2`]]` &cacheResults=`1`]]