We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    Ok, it was about 6 months ago that I first did this, and since then, I have STILL not been able to find a resolution to whatever the heck I did, or was done, when I tried making a new Group and Logins for Editors to be able to make specific changes but not ALL changes to things on the Manager Panel.

Originally, I was told to just add myself (my log in) to all groups so that I still see everything, this however did not work, does not work, and I feel is more of a work-around than a fix anyway? Since then, I have deleted the group I had made and STILL do not have access to all of the Elements of my website. I have been trucking along ever since, praying that never comes a time when I need to alter those elements.

Basically, Every template folder, Element folder, ... everything on the Elements tab that was in a Category/Folder is completely gone, missing, invisible to me. However, the pages still load properly, even after clearing cache, flushing cache, and all user sessions etc... so they obviously still exist, I just can’t see them.

What can I do??? Please help sad
      • 44 Posts
      MODx Revolution 2.0.8-pl (traditional)

I haven’t updated recently (obviously) due to being worried that I may lose this access forever if I do any sort of updates.
      • You have to go to your database via phpmyadmin or whatever you use to manage your database and edit your modx_access_context entry so your user group has 9999 access.

I ran into this issue last week and got this answer on twitter.

Hope that helps smiley
          Benjamin Marte
          Interactive Media Developer
          Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
          • 7 Posts
          The same thing just happened to me last night. I was just editing a template and when I saved my changes I got a blank screen. When I got a screen back the "Elements" no longer showed. (I have related experience and education but) I am new at MODX and don't have any user groups yet. I don't understand how to edit the modx_access_context entry. Can you give a little more guidance on that?
          What should I be studying? (I have the official guide.)
            Larry S. Tucker
            • 24,544 Posts
            If you haven't been working with permissions, that's not the solution you want.

I would first try turning off the compress_css and compress_js System Settings (Go to System -> System Settings and put 'compress' (without the quotes) in the search box at the upper right.

Then log out and delete all files in the core/cache directory and clear your browser cache and cookies before logging back in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting