We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi!
    I just upgraded to modx revo 2.1.2. File Browsing works fine now in Tiny MCE!
    Unfortunately I have a new problem :’( - when changing something in a document the save button loops. Just closing browser page or reloading the page helps. Very strange!

Susanne

edit:
    am I really the only one having problems with the new 2.1.1 version of modx revo? In addition to the problem with the save button, the getResources-parts and the frontpage editor are broken. Now I’m having the choice between the old (no file browsing in 2.1.1) and the new (see above) problem. Will there be a fix soon?

That would really be great!

• 5 Posts

• new input for the looping save button problem: only occurs in documents with images...

• getResources: adding the &parents-parameter seems to solve the problem (like discussed in another post). Just add the parent-id of your documents or if there is no parent doc put &parent=`0`

any help or hint is appreciated!
      • - Make sure you’re running the latest version of any addon installed.
        - Check out the error log - when the save button loops that means something unexpected went wrong and that’s typically filed in the error log. If nothing’s there, save a resource while having firebug open and checkout the raw response in the Net panel.

Define "broken" in terms of getresources - no content at all, or the markup from your templates is being generated but not filled with resource data?
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 5 Posts
          Addons are all updated. getResources-part didn’t show up, rest of the page yes. But now with the &parent-parameter getResources works again (see above).
          I will check the error log for the save-button-problem.
          Frontpage editor does not show up at all. I login and then... nothing!

Further feedback for error log in some hours!

Greetings!
          Susanne
            • 24,544 Posts
            You might try NewsPublisher for front-end editing. I’m curious to know if it works in 2.1.2. wink
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 5 Posts
              haha! grin
              I’m not the guinea pig for 2.1.2 ...

Did YOU try NewsPublisher with 2.1.1? Any good experience?
                • 24,544 Posts
                I haven’t even had time to install 2.1.2. tongue
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 5 Posts
                  Lucky you!
                  Still searching why frontpage (even the newest version 1.3!) won’t work with 2.1.2. It is a big mystery!

edit:
                  oho... just realized that NewsPublisher is your baby ;-)
                  will give it a try...
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Thanks. smiley

I was thinking that there was a known problem with FrontPage in 2.1.2, but I misremembered. The problem is with Provisioner. I haven’t seen any reports other than yours about trouble with 2.1.2 and FrontPage.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 5 Posts
                      There aren’t so many downloads of frontpage, so no wonder nobody complains ;-)