We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi Everyone

I am a newbie, just installed Modx after looking around the site - it looks great. After installation, big disappointment as the package Retreiver ’pop up display’ on my wide screen laptop doesn’t show full display and there is no scroll bars to move down. I assume there must be some tweak for this, could anyone advise how to move this display box to enable me to use it. Please see the screen shots for a better description of my problem.

• 40 Posts
      You can collapse "Extras" folder to see "Front End Templates" folder and below... rolleyes
        • 2 Posts
        Thanks Adachim

But that is not the problem, the screenshot shows the window and as you see I cant see the bottom of it which I assume has some button options.

Apoligies for not explaining the problem in more detail.

regards

Ian

• 40 Posts
          At the bottom of the screen there are Back and finish buttons. But again these will be available once you collapse the tree. I seem to recall one of these libhtbox type interface caused difficulty accessing buttons at the bottom but I do not think it was a package retriever screen... sorry for not being of particular help.
            • 31 Posts
            So what is the solution?

I never had this problem with earlier versions of Modx Revolution. It just seems to have cropped up now with the 2.1.

The problem: Trying to install a packet with packet management. The big white overlay pops up (with the Read Me info) and extends below the bottom edge of the window, but there is no way of scrolling or dragging to get to the buttons that are hidden at the bottom. So I can’t move to the next step and so can’t install any of the snippets. I’m using Firevox 3.6 and checked in IE8 - same problem.

Any tips?
              • 31 Posts
              Not a solution exactly, but in Opera (without the toolbars) the window is large enough for me to just catch a glimpse of the tops of the buttons at the bottom of the page, and so click them.

Is it just me and ICM who are having problems with the overlay?
                • 793 Posts
                No, you are not alone. See my post
                http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,65333.msg369209.html#msg369209
                (I’m referring to Firefox 4 on a 1024 x 768 screen.)
                For me this issue makes using Revo for a live site an absolute "NO GO".
                  • 31 Posts
                  I know this is a bit of a silly solution, but in Firefox you can zoom out, click the button then reset to the normal display size.