We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 158 Posts
    [SOLVED] as follows:
    - copied over all 2.1.2 files to server
    - did update install
    - copied over the missing Resource Content from the local db to remote db using the MODx Manager / Editor
    - exported Remote database, imported into Local database - missing Resource Content was still there
    - exported new Local database and reimported it into the Remote database
    - problem solved

------------------
    Original problem

This occurs on the remote server after i move the database from my local pc (details below)

Environment:
    - MySQL database
    - Revo 2.1.2-pl
    - Windows 7
    - Firefox 5

Scenario:
    - on my local disk, Container X had children Resources Y and Z
    - both Resources Y and Z have data in the Resource Content field
    - export the local database using phpMyAdmin, with the Add DROP TABLE checked
    - on the remote site, clear the remote database by checking all records and using the Drop choice
    - import the local database into the "blank" remote database
    - login to the MODx manager on the remote site
    - on the remote site, Edit child Resource Y or child Resource Z and both have nothing in their Resource Content field
    - if i look at the MySQL Table site_content, content field, the data is there but it won’t show up in the Manager
    - note: parent Container X has Resource Content and the content is transferred successfully
    - usually when i View (Preview) the Resource the Resource Content shows up, however when i Edit the Resource the Resource Content file is empty. i have tried the above scenario multiple times and once the View (Preview) showed nothing in the Resource Content field

What i have tried:
    - clearing my browser cache
    - restarting my browser
    - repair all Tables on the remote site with phpMyAdmin - all Tables said OK
    - clearing the MODx site cache in the Manager for the remote site
    - erasing all of the files/folders under the core/cache directory on the remote site

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Steve

Edited to add this statement above:
    - if i look at the MySQL Table site_content, content field, the data is there but it won’t show up in the Manager
    - change title of problem to be more descriptive

• 24,544 Posts
      Did you run Setup in upgrade mode on the new server?

Also, try deleting all the files in the core/cache directory.

If that doesn’t work, the odds are that one or more MODX files got corrupted or missed in the transfer.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 158 Posts
        yes, ran setup in upgrade mode on the new server

yes, erased core/cache

if i copy over the Resource Content manually from the local to remote the display is correct

the View mode always shows the Resource Content, it’s the Edit mode that doesn’t