We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi, I have a MODX website with around 2000 resources. We are almost finished with creating an english version of the website, when suddenly it no longer consistently saves resources. Sometimes it shows the saving progress alert, but then just hangs there. I have seen that this was reported as a bug a while back for 2.0.5, but the case was still open. I don’t want to upgrade to 2.1 because I don’t want to open up a pandoras box of debugging. What can be done and has anyone had this situation?

Thanks
      Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Try deleting all the files in the core/cache directory (repeat as necessary).

TBH, I would backup the site well (if it’s not already) and try upgrading to 2.1, which is significantly more stable than 2.0.8 IMO.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • deleted the cache, and it still is having the problem. Would it be a good idea to upload setup and go through the setup process again? I have heard that that can clear up problems.
          Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
          • 24,544 Posts
          It can’t hurt to try.

Is there anything distinctive about the content or titles of the resources that won’t save?
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • Some of the page titles use an umlaut, but that has never before led to problems. I just got back from a needed vacation and will try to reinstall the setup and see if that does anything.

• Firebug shows the following javascript warnings. It seems that the changes made to the resource are in fact saved to the db, but the javascript gets caught in a loop and will not hide the saving box and allow the user back to the edit screen. Here is a screenshot.
                • 44 Posts
                I’ve had this occasionally, but never consistently enough to worry or pinpoint the issue.

But when I had a malformed form a couple of times, that seemed to create this behaviour.