We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Hello there.

I need your help. I moved my site to the final host as described in the docs, including updating gallery paths and running setup, but...

1. There are no phpthumb-generated thumnails in frontend
    2. In backend in Gallery CMP there are no albums and I can’t add any (it just hangs on "Saving..."), although in frontend it lists all the albums and shows full-sized images (but without thumbs).
    3. PhpThumb in other manager areas works
    4. In my other (native) installation on the same host, gallery works fine.
    5. I tried to uninstall gallery and install it back (it deleted files but kept settings and db) with no changes. I’ve put files back.

The error log seems not giving anything...
    I attach my System Info page.

Thank you,
    Yury
      <em>The Earth is not the hell, and people aren't cursed, and joy in not a sin, but a gift of God.</em> (Lesia Ukrainka)
    • What I suggested to another fellow MODxer was to just get all of the images from your image galleries from your test site upload them to the new site then do a batch import.

Have had much better results that way although it might be a bit more labor but it gets the job done.
        Benjamin Marte
        Interactive Media Developer
        Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
        • 35 Posts
        Ah, I’ve got it (not fully) working.

I deleted the entire database and files, perfomed an empty MODx installation and then only imported the "modx_site_*", "modx_categories*", "modx_gallery_*" and probably some other content tables, and also my assets.

Gallery works fine *except* thumbnails in Galleriffic. Without Galleriffic thumbs generate perfectly, but on a page with it I sometimes see few of them, sometimes only the image in center, and sometimes none of that, but almost never all thumbs and image.

I think Gallery is the weakest MODx part. You have to hack it to even be able to even see PhpThumb debug messages!

Anyways... Hope I will be able to use some getPage + Gallery + LightBox instead of Galleriffic, because I need to be very fast. Thank you.
          <em>The Earth is not the hell, and people aren't cursed, and joy in not a sin, but a gift of God.</em> (Lesia Ukrainka)
        • Make sure your images are 72dpi I’ve had issues with Gallery not liking higher res images.
            Benjamin Marte
            Interactive Media Developer
            Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
            • 11 Posts
            The gallery path settings have two sets of settings. One in a file, (core/cache/core.cache.config.php), one in the settings docs. If it’s not updated to the new path settings (assuming they’ve changed) that may be why your images aren’t displaying properly.
              - moltis
              • 35 Posts
              Quote from: moltis at Jul 06, 2011, 10:55 AM

The gallery path settings have two sets of settings. One in a file, (core/cache/core.cache.config.php), one in the settings docs. If it’s not updated to the new path settings (assuming they’ve changed) that may be why your images aren’t displaying properly.
              Thank you...

I’ve checked that many times and all was correct.
              Actually, as I suspect, the problem is with some limit on simultaneous connections to the database the gallery’s "connector.php" is making to generate thumbnails. It was alwasy able to generate only some portion of them, but not all.

BUT, there’s a strange thing: in the backend it’s able to generate half of my 90 thumbnails, and in frontend, if I use plain Gallery snippet (without Galleriffic) it generates around half of them. But with Galleriffic it only shows 1-3 or none.

Despite that I’ve found a (rather inefficient, but working) solution: I replaced Gallery’s thumbnails generation with phpThumbOf’s which makes it generate all of them in one run (when user requests the page), and thus connecting to DB only once. This way all the thumbnails are shown, but user has to wait until all of them will be generated (if cache is empty) until he will see the page.