We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    I have a few MODx sites, one of which is quite large. I’ve upgraded all the sites from Revo 2.0.8 to 2.1.1 without incident, except one.

One site seemed to work fine after upgrading, but I was horrified to look at the list of elements and see no templates listed! Strangely, all my templates still appeared in the popup menu when editing resources or adding new resources, but did not appear--at all--in the list of templates when i hit the Elements tab.

This particular site has a large number of templates (about 30) and all the templates were assigned to various categories. When I looked at the database directly with phpMyAdmin, all the templates were there in the modx_site_templates table.

I realized that the list of templates did not show any categories either. So I went into the table with phpMyAdmin and changed all the template categories to 0. Viola! They all appeared, as if by magic, in the templates list.

Intrigued, I installed Modx 2.0.8 on some spare server space I have, created some templates, put them into categories, and then upgraded to 2.1.1. It appears that if the number of template categories is greater than about 10 or so (I didn’t narrow it down past that) when MODx is upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.1.1, the template categories vanish. Any templates assigned to a category still exists, and can still be selected from the dropdown when adding or editing a resource, but does not appear in the template list.

Server information is as follows:
    Modx Revo Traditional 2.1.1
    PHP Version 5.2.17, Zend Engine v2.2.0
    Operating system: CentOS (dunno version, I’m using Hostgator)
    Database: MySQL 5.1.52

So is it just me? Is this a known issue, an exotic bug that only affects certain configurations, an exotic bug that just likes me?
      • 24,544 Posts
      It sounds like a regular bug. wink

Could you please report it using the bugs and requests link at the top of this page.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting