We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • The goal, What I am trying to do!
    For now I will keep it simple but it will get much more in depth once I figure this out. I have 3 groups called Library, MarCom and Web Developer. Each of these groups can edit a unique set of pages, so Library edits the library Resources, MarCom edits the MarCom resources and the Web Developer can edit the web developer resources. All of these pages are public no log in required to see them. The permission are just needed for the manager so one group can only see and edit their own pages.

What I have done
    1. I created the 3 groups and assigned the users with rights to edit/manage resources. Works fine
    2. I created the 3 Resource groups and put the correct pages in the.
    3. I went back to each group and now assigned ACLs to each Resource for the mgr context and the I also did for the web. Worked fine
    4. I now went to the (anonymous) group and added the Load ACL to each Resource group with the web context. But this is not working!

The Problem!
    Anonymous users cannot see the pages. I have cleared the cache and flushed the permissions.

Could someone tell me what I have done wrong? Or the proper way to achieve my goal.

Thanks,

Also I have Revo 2.1.0pl but I don’t think this issue is just for 2.1.
    • Update - It does work, but only after flushing all sessions. I did some testing and it appears the Flush permissions command only flushes your permissions and not all users. I think this is what has caused many headaches for me because I set new permissions and then Flush them and they would not work. Now I see I will have to flush all sessions until this is improved.