We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    While working on my site with site manager I suddenly got a blank page after refreshing some page.
    Now it appears every time I’m logged in! There are no error messages. Even HTML-header is not rendered. There are also no related errors in core/cache/logs/
    This problem appears in FF and IE. Seems to be session related? I have no idea... Website frontend works without any problems, manager login form gets rendered too. So this issue occurs only with backend interface.

Serverinfo:
    OS Linux (Godaddy hosting account)
    MySQL client 5.0.77 server 4.1.24
    PHP 5
    • Could you check your php memory limit? The last godaddy site I worked on they had a very low memory limit. It could also be the database connection timing out.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 1 Posts
        memory_limit is set to 64M. I tried to change this value in my .htacces and php.ini but it didn’t had any effect.
        How can I check if there is some database issue?
        Thanks!
          • 49 Posts
          I’ve been getting this same issue. I’m having to consistently keep clearing my browser cache and cookies to solve this problem. No idea whats causing it.
            • 9 Posts
            I had the same behavior. It was caused by unsuccessful RSS feeding of MODX and security news. I was behind a proxy and the RSS feeding attempts were so long (and unsuccessful) that the first manager page after login expired and returned a blank page.

The solution (workaround) was to access the database directly, and switch off the RSS feeding from the system settings.