We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 222 Posts
    I just upload the latest revoloution build and i am getting the following error when running setup

FATAL ERROR: MODx Setup cannot continue.

Make sure your PHP session configuration is valid and working.

Any Ideas as to why?
    • Did you review the installation requirements? Does your environment meet them? Are your permissions set correctly. Please make sure you include all information as requested in the red text below the post reply which is as follows:

Note: If you’re posting about a bug, please state all of your Environment information in your post: Version of MODx, Traditional or Advanced distribution (for Revo), Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version (client and server), is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc; any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log, and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information.
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 222 Posts
        We are on a Plesk server with the necessary requirements to run modx. I also read the following

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Basic+Installation#BasicInstallation-PreInstallationChecks
          • 222 Posts
          I figured out the issue. It was a issue with PHP sessions on the server that were cached.