We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    Hi,
    I encountered following two problems and I’m not shure whether it is bug related or simply not full understanding...
    Revolution 2.0.2 pl
    1. Setting the filemanager_path in context to /home/mydomain/public_html/clients/assets/ gives the correct preview in the file tab left side tree (even so in TinyMCE) but there is no image preview available (although filemanager_url set to http://clients.mydomain.com/assets/). Uploading a file or an image gives the error ’the specified directory is not a directory’. Leaving out the /assets/ in filemanager_path upload is possible but into the web context root
    When opening the filebrowser in tinyMCE the first window right shows the files of the web context (or root > .htaccess, index.php, config.core.php, .gitignore)
    2. Changing the path in context cannot be updated /safed (tried to update, flush sessions, clear cache and the old path was there again), one has to delete it and write it new

This happens both on a MAMP under PHP 5.3.2, MySQL 5.1.4 and on shared host under PHP 5.2.6/MySQL 5.0.91
    Thanks for any help!
    • I am having a similar problem with Revo. I am getting the same error "specified directory is not a directory" when I try to access certain folders that I created. It always seems to be affecting the same folder too. As I could not access the folder anymore through MODx, I used fireFTP to try to delete it, and even though fireFTP showed the folder, It said I could not delete it because the folder doesn’t exist. Then I tried with Dreamweaver and I was able to delete the folder. Then I started from scratch again in MODx to create the folder, and then created some subfolders, and it seemed to be fine, until again I got the error "specified directory is not a directory". I cleared cache, flushed the session, and sometimes it comes back. But eventually I get the same error.

Maybe a developer can explain this?

Thanks!
        Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
      • I need to revise my statement.

The error message is this "Please specify a valid directory." and now it has happened to two different installations of MODx Revo 2.0.4.

I just played around with the file manager of another installation that I thought was fine, and after I created a folder 3 levels deep, I got that error.

This must be some sort of bug??
          Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
          • 4,149 Posts
          What is your filemanager_path and filemanager_url set to?
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 87 Posts
            I was experiencing this issue as well after upgrading to the latest version of Revolution. None of my files were showing up, and instead of listing them it said "Please specify a valid directory." Before the upgrade, everything was working great. After the upgrade, not so much. At first it wasn’t even showing TinyMCE either, and I’m not 100% sure what I did in order to get it to show up again.

I’m not sure how, but it appears that some of my settings got messed with during the upgrade, so if you notice any weird happenings, start looking over your settings. For me, the File Manager Path was set to YES for relative, yet the actual path was from the root, not from the base directory. Once I changed the relative path setting to NO, then everything worked great.

Hope this helps somebody who might be searching for the same issue.