We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 288 Posts
    Hi,

I am trying to create a brand new install using MODx Revolution 2.0.1-pl traditional but although I can connect to my database ok when I test the database server connection I can’t seem to get the ’create or test the selection of your database’ link to work. I have tried it in both IE and Firefox but when I click on the link nothing happens! Is this a bug and has anyone else had any problems with this?
      • 4,149 Posts
      Note: If you’re posting about a bug, please state all of your Environment information in your post: Version of MODx, Traditional or Advanced distribution (for Revo), Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version (client and server), is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc; any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log, and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information.

Also, if you’re on shared hosting, don’t use an underscore _ in the database name.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 288 Posts
        Unfortunately, the underscore is put in by default in MySQL.
          • 4,149 Posts
          modx_modx is fine; if you’re using shared hosting, make sure it’s not something like modx_my_modx.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 288 Posts
            I don’t think the problem is anything to do with the underscore as the database connection was fine. My problem is that I am unable to get any further with the install as the link for the next section doesn’t work and the button on the right just says ’back’.
              • 4,149 Posts
              Again, hard to help you further without:

Note: If you’re posting about a bug, please state all of your Environment information in your post: Version of MODx, Traditional or Advanced distribution (for Revo), Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version (client and server), is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc; any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log, and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information.
                • 288 Posts
                Version of MODx = Revolution 2.0.1-pl Traditional
                Server OS = Linux
                Apache Version = 2.2.15
                PHP Version = 5.2.14
                MySQL Version = 5.0.91-community
                MySQL client version: 4.1.22 and Version information: 3.2.4
                Browser = Firefox 3.6.9
                no caching