Now that Revo has officially been released I thought it would be in my client’s best interest to upgrade their Evo sites to Revo, but I’ve ran into a couple of problems and I thought I’d see how other people deal with them.
I start off by proposing a new project phase in which we upgrade the site to Revo, the upgrade would require an entire project phase rather than a few hours because its more than a standard security patch, it upgrade may require some snippets to be updated, all the site’s tags and placeholders will need to be updated, etc.
These are the sort of responses I’ve been getting:
- We’ve only just launched the website and now we need to upgrade the backend, why didn’t you tell us sooner so we could wait for Revo and save some money here?
- We don’t have much of a choice do we since not upgrading will mean our site will lack certain features
- We’re not interested in changing the backend interface thanks, we’ll stick with version 1.x.x
- The backend rebuild is new right? We’ll wait because it’ll probably be buggy
At the moment it generally seems they don’t see the upsides but instead it seems I’m trying to get a quick buck - almost like "if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!" attitude
So what kind of responses have you guys been getting when suggesting the upgrade to Revo?