We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 155 Posts
    I’m wondering what anyone’s thoughts are to the Rico Toolkit for AJAX. I’ve been toying with implementation on my manager redesign, and I am wondering if it would be ok for me to include it?

Does anyone have any thoughts? Is this something I can/should/shouldn’t do?

Thx.
      • 1,732 Posts
      Sounds ok to me but please note that when we talk AJAX we stand to exclude some browsers from the list of supported browser (this might include opera and safari ealier versions, etc). If the tool supports AJAX via IFrame or Java, etc then that would be very good.

xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
      • Rico toolkit doesn’t work in Safari. sad

http://script.aculo.us/ does. smiley
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • BTW, that is the effects part of the toolkit for Rico that I’m talking about. I don’t know about the server communication part.
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 155 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Jul 13, 2005, 03:28 PM

BTW, that is the effects part of the toolkit for Rico that I’m talking about. I don’t know about the server communication part.

Are we sure? I noticed on rico’s site that they have actually use a prototype file from scriptalicousmadooshywhatever (I hate witty web names).

But the rico site for things like the accordian definitely do not work?
            • Accordion DOES work from Rico. The other stuff doesn’t. Shoot a link over and I’ll detail which ones that do/don’t work. I don’t recall the link offhand.
                • 155 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jul 13, 2005, 04:12 PM

Accordion DOES work from Rico. The other stuff doesn’t. Shoot a link over and I’ll detail which ones that do/don’t work. I don’t recall the link offhand.

openrico.org

it would be nice to use the accordian for the menus, and the innerhtml to replace frames...this is of course assuming I can make that work.

But yes, testing this in safari would be critical. Please let me know which of the demos currently work and don’t work so I can draw a bead on this.

Thanks!
                • The animation effects mostly work. The accordion works. The others don’t.

Too bad, because that Live Grid would be killer!
                    • 155 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Jul 13, 2005, 06:50 PM

The animation effects mostly work. The accordion works. The others don’t.

Too bad, because that Live Grid would be killer!
                    Shiza...InnerHTML doesn’t work???
                    • Nope. Which is a major buzzkill. sad