We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • We're going to rapidly approach the time when it'll be nice to have group chats, etc. I'd also like to be able to have voice calls as well if possible.

With that in mind, I'd like to propose we standardize on Skype as the communication platform, as it works on Macs, Linux and Windows, and supports group chats and voice conferencing, and I think even works OK for low-bandwidth connections with voice. That and phone calls Skype-to-Skype anywhere in the world would be free, not including the cost of a cheap headset, of course.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 1 Posts
      We already use it for all communication at Ironman, so I'd second this. (I'm lazy plus am already required by work to run Skype and Trillian on my laptop plus AIM on my cell phone, so I really don't want to have to use yet another program...)

Plus, I have voice mail on Skype. tongue

"tsitzlar" for anyone that might care.
      • Is that as in the Ironman Triathalon?
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1 Posts
          Is that as in the Ironman Triathalon?

Yep. smiley