We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    I'm thinking about feature ideas here. Should we dump all of this in the Wishlist or should some really good cutting edge ideas be swatted around here so we can debut them in surprise fashion and let competitors play catch up?
    Personally I'm a bit of a feature junkie, having been a sales engineer previously and working with business development I learned to never say NO to a client :wink:
    • I'm thinking about feature ideas here. Should we dump all of this in the Wishlist or should some really good cutting edge ideas be swatted around here so we can debut them in surprise fashion and let competitors play catch up?
      Personally I'm a bit of a feature junkie, having been a sales engineer previously and working with business development I learned to never say NO to a client :wink:

I believe now that we have identified a core team, we should definitely start discussing amongst ourselves before presenting information to the general public. Especially until we get a little traction. I think the important thing is to appear organized and unified in vision, and we'll have to work that out here in the core before we can truly do that.
      • I agree on collecting our thoughts and prioritizing things and letting loose on the immediate roadmap with more general things for long term. There's the public roadmap, and the behind the scenes roadmap with will most-likely contain quite a few surprises. laugh
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 155 Posts
          Are we planning a more formalized announcement of the Team? I think it would nice if we had some sort of thread that each of the developers could post a quick introduction, etc.

Maybe a bit premature?
          • Yes... we'll be making a formal announcement this week to go along with our preview code release. Anyone want to work something up (*hint, hint* ummm... volunteers... John...)? wink
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 155 Posts
              I'll work up an official press release.

Other than the CVS, any ideas for a document repository? Just another private forum or what?

Wait...can you even attach files in PHPBB?

I can just whip something up on SS as well, but certain documentation needs to be private.
                • 155 Posts
                Can I please have a final list of the entire team?

This would include First and Last Name, as well as Screennames and Physical Locations. laugh

Isn't this fun?!
                • Everyone, please correct my errors and omissions, including your focus on the code...

In no particular order:

Susan Ottwell - Israel ? - sottwell - documentation and general work
                  Raymond Irving - Kingston, Jamaica - xwisdom - core code and founder
                  Ryan Thrash - rthrash - Dallas, TX - marketing and founder
                  Jason Coward - opengeek - West Texas huh - core code
                  Dave Denis - davedenis - location? - documentation and general
                  Travis Sitzlar - infoclipper - Chattanooga, TN - Manager and optimization
                  John Vilsak - SpeedStreet - ? - marketing
                  • We also have some Moderators or should put some in place. Zi (Pakistan) is already on that team... Need to better set up that process and rules though... suggestions?
                    • Jason Coward - opengeek - San Angelo, TX - core code