We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    There are several problems here. Most important, I get this on clicking Install:

Installation Summary

Errors were encountered during core installation. Please review the installation results below, correct the problems and proceed as directed.

But, there are no installation results shown. Retry just reloads the same screen.

The Error log shows this:

[2009-09-07 13:28:48] (ERROR @ /test/setup/index.php) Could not create table `modx_access_actiondom`
    SQL: CREATE TABLE `modx_access_actiondom` (`id` INTEGER unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,`target` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`principal_class` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'modPrincipal',`principal` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`authority` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '9999',`policy` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), INDEX `target` (`target`), INDEX `principal_class` (`principal_class`), INDEX `principal` (`principal`), INDEX `authority` (`authority`), INDEX `policy` (`policy`)) TYPE=MyISAM
    ERROR: Array
    (
        [0] => 42S01
        [1] => 1050
        [2] => Table 'modx_access_actiondom' already exists
    )

[2009-09-07 13:28:49] (ERROR @ /test/setup/index.php) Could not create table `modx_actiondom`
    SQL: CREATE TABLE `modx_actiondom` (`id` INT(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,`action` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',`name` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`description` TEXT NULL,`xtype` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`container` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`rule` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`value` TEXT NOT NULL,`constraint` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`constraint_field` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',`constraint_class` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`), INDEX `action` (`action`), INDEX `name` (`name`)) TYPE=MyISAM
    ERROR: Array
    (
        [0] => 42S01
        [1] => 1050
        [2] => Table 'modx_actiondom' already exists
    )

I dropped those two tables manually and the install completed. Sadly, the Form Customization grid is still empty.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2009, 08:33 PM

I dropped those two tables manually and the install completed. Sadly, the Form Customization grid is still empty.

I think those problems might have been fixed in a recent commit.

As for the grid, it’s supposed to be empty until you add something to it. There are no rules pre-installed.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        Quote from: splittingred at Sep 07, 2009, 08:46 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2009, 08:33 PM

I think those problems might have been fixed in a recent commit.

I updated from SVN just before posting (about 30 minutes ago). There haven’t been any new commits since then.

As for the grid, it’s supposed to be empty until you add something to it. There are no rules pre-installed.

Ah. I get it now.

I’m trying to hide the introtext field but it’s not happening.

Action: Resource/Create
        Name: introtext
        Rule: fieldVisible
        Value: 0
        User Group: 0 (Administrator)

My MODX Extras
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2009, 09:03 PM

You need to add the containing panel’s value: http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/FC-Resource

modx-panel-resource
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: splittingred at Sep 07, 2009, 10:25 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Sep 07, 2009, 09:03 PM

You need to add the containing panel’s value: http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/FC-Resource

modx-panel-resource

LOL. I tried 0 for that value figuring it was on the first tab. How about a drop-down for that field?

[Update] I used FC-Resource and created a rule for both update and create resource. I still see the introtext field in both cases. I tried changing the field to alias but still see that field too. I cleared the site cache and my browser cache/cookies.

What else could I be doing wrong?
              My MODX Extras
              • 4,149 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Sep 08, 2009, 01:49 AM

LOL. I tried 0 for that value figuring it was on the first tab. How about a drop-down for that field?
              Nope, unfortunately we can’t do a dropdown, since unless we store the names and data of every field in the manager, we have nothing to ’select’ from for the list for the dropdown. And storing them isn’t an option - that’d be a nightmare for development and maintenance (not to mention balooning Revo’s size).

[Update] I used FC-Resource and created a rule for both update and create resource. I still see the introtext field in both cases. I tried changing the field to alias but still see that field too. I cleared the site cache and my browser cache/cookies.

What else could I be doing wrong?
              Hm, not sure. I’ll look into it tomorrow.
                • 24,544 Posts
                I got it working. I needed "modx-panel-resource" rather than "FC-Resource."

Wouldn’t the drop-down just contain these?:

modx-panel-resource
                modx-panel-template
                modx-panel-chunk
                modx-panel-snippet
                modx-panel-plugin
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Sep 08, 2009, 02:36 PM

modx-panel-resource
                  modx-panel-template
                  modx-panel-chunk
                  modx-panel-snippet
                  modx-panel-plugin

Nope; it could contain any formpanel on any manager page (even custom manager pages). So, if we limited it to a dropdown; no go on those CMPs or future developed forms.

It behaves very similar to ManagerManager, which doesnt use dropdowns either because of that same constraint.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: splittingred at Sep 08, 2009, 03:29 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Sep 08, 2009, 02:36 PM

modx-panel-resource
                    modx-panel-template
                    modx-panel-chunk
                    modx-panel-snippet
                    modx-panel-plugin

Nope; it could contain any formpanel on any manager page (even custom manager pages). So, if we limited it to a dropdown; no go on those CMPs or future developed forms.

It behaves very similar to ManagerManager, which doesnt use dropdowns either because of that same constraint.

How about a combobox with the above choices (which would handle most cases, I suspect).
                      My MODX Extras