We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I’m doing this here because it’s sheer torture to post feedback on the web site under certain circumstances. Maybe the intention is to discourage feedback. If not, things definitely need to change.

I was trying to report an error in the Sign In sequence. If I enter the wrong sign-in info, I get a 404 Oops page. I don’t see the "incorrect password or username" message until I click on SIGN IN again and the window drops down (FF 3.0 and FF 3.5.1 Vista).

Please forgive the harsh tone -- I’m trying to look at this from the point of view of a fresh visitor trying to do us a favor by giving feedback.

First, I have to decide what kind of problem I’m reporting an give it a title and content. So far so good.

Now, thinking I’m done, I click on "continue" thinking I’ve done my good deed.

Next, I find out that you want my email address and my name and I have to enter two hard-to-read captchas. There’s about a 90% chance that I leave at this point thinking "screw it" I was trying to do you a favor, but this it too much.

Say, though, that I fill in the fields and click on "Post Feedback."

I think I’m done, but no, now I’m challenged to make sure my feedback hasn’t already been posted (now, there’s a 99% chance that I’m gone).

Worst of all, If Get Satisfaction recognizes my email, I’m asked for my Get Satisfaction password - which, of course, I don’t know. I can have it emailed to me or re-register. Now, there’s a 99.99% chance that I’m gone.

After several tests, it appears that some of these things don’t always happen. There’s apparently some kind of artificial intelligence at work here. With one or two word titles and descriptions and a fake email address, I was able to skip some of the steps. The irony is that I only had to do all of them when submitting an actual problem and using my real email address.

I’m not sure Get Satisfaction is the way to go here.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • That’s a mess indeed. Thanks for offering feedback. We’ll see what we can do to make this process more smooth.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me