We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    It appears that in order for anything to show up in the Source section, the document has to be marked cacheable, must be saved, and must have been either visited in the front end, or previewed by a manager.

I can see where this would be useful for seeing exactly what is and isn’t being cached.

Is this by design or will it change and is it correct to say that this simply shows the content of the MODx cache for that resource?

If so, it should probably be labelled "Cached Output" or something similar.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • Quote from: BobRay at Jun 17, 2009, 04:49 AM

Is this by design or will it change and is it correct to say that this simply shows the content of the MODx cache for that resource?

It is by design and does just show the resource cache contents (specifically for the context that the resource appears in). I also agree it should be relabeled as "Cache Output", "Resource Cache", "Cache Inspection" or the like. Can you enter a JIRA ticket for this one so it doesn’t slip through the cracks?
        • 24,544 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Jun 28, 2009, 04:15 AM

Quote from: BobRay at Jun 17, 2009, 04:49 AM

It is by design and does just show the resource cache contents (specifically for the context that the resource appears in). I also agree it should be relabeled as "Cache Output", "Resource Cache", "Cache Inspection" or the like. Can you enter a JIRA ticket for this one so it doesn’t slip through the cracks?

Done.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting