We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I’m wondering about the use of the Attributes field for TVs with Image or HTML Tag output types. My first guess was that it’s there for extra attributes (e.g. height and width for images) but it doesn’t accept equals signs or quotation marks. Is it crippled or there for another purpose?
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • Quote from: BobRay at Jun 14, 2009, 06:54 AM

I’m wondering about the use of the Attributes field for TVs with Image or HTML Tag output types. My first guess was that it’s there for extra attributes (e.g. height and width for images) but it doesn’t accept equals signs or quotation marks. Is it crippled or there for another purpose?
      There’s been no change in this behavior from Evo AFAIK. This stores the additional attributes for use with the output widgets, but I think those are up to each output type to store/process as needed.
        • 24,544 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Jun 14, 2009, 03:07 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Jun 14, 2009, 06:54 AM

There’s been no change in this behavior from Evo AFAIK. This stores the additional attributes for use with the output widgets, but I think those are up to each output type to store/process as needed.

As far as I can see, they’re either ignored, or just thrown into the output as is as long as they don’t contain quotes or equal signs.

I’m looking at the code in /core/model/modx/processors/element/tv/renders/web/output/. Is there anywhere else to look?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • The only Element I know of that uses attributes is Wayfinder for building menus.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • Quote from: rthrash at Jun 15, 2009, 02:08 PM

The only Element I know of that uses attributes is Wayfinder for building menus.
            He’s talking about the attributes for output widgets; has no relation to Wayfinder or any extras for that matter.