We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    On one of my localhost installs, I’ve had a really odd thing going on in the Web Resources Tree for a long time.

There’s an extra context icon (the little house) at the top of the tree. If I click on its plus sign, I get another one below it (indented). If I click on the minus sign, I get yet another one.  Every click produces another one or two. Sometimes, they appear above and below the tree in pairs with the tree nested inside them. At other times, a second version of the real tree shows up nested in the middle of them all.

If I reload the page or refresh the tree, (with or without clearing the cache), I go back to having one extra context icon at the top but there’s no way I’ve found to get rid of that one. The site is from SVN and has had many, many builds and setups but the thing just won’t go away. I’ve deleted the entire cache directory to no effect.

The icon is unlabeled and if I go to Context Management, I do see a blank context at the top but if I try to edit it, I get "error loading context data."

I didn’t file a bug report because I’ve never seen this in another install. Can anyone suggest  a way to fix it?

[Update] I went into phpMyAdmin and deleted the empty context and things now look normal. I tried to save an empty new context and the effect is back. Now I have a bug to report. wink
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting