We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I copied everything from the traditional .zip to the remote and get this on install (pasted):

Could not find the Install Test Versioner class at: [mysite]/setup/includes/checks/modinstalltestmodx_setup_key.class.php
    Please make sure you’ve uploaded all the necessary files.

I can’t check "files are already in place." 

I get the message whether "core package is unpacked" is checked or not.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at May 29, 2009, 04:08 AM

I copied everything from the traditional .zip to the remote and get this on install (pasted):

Could not find the Install Test Versioner class at: [mysite]/setup/includes/checks/modinstalltestmodx_setup_key.class.php
      Please make sure you’ve uploaded all the necessary files.

I can’t check "files are already in place."

I get the message whether "core package is unpacked" is checked or not.

BobRay,

Do you have any custom setup of paths here - or is this a standard install? It’s looking for the MODX_SETUP_KEY define but not finding it, apparently....that should be defined in setup/includes/config.core.php. Can you verify that file is there, and that the define is set? (should be to @traditional).
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        The core and the Manager are moved so I couldn’t copy the Beta setup config.core.php and the one I had (from SVN) didn’t have that line. I pasted in the line and the install went ok.

I had to reset a few thousand file permissions (sigh), but seem to be back in business.

Thanks! grin

BTW, I still have that goofy bug where the right-side menu drop-downs show the keys instead of the values (in FF). I’ve cleared all caches & cookies, deleted the core/cache directory, reloaded the core lexicon, and done several installs, but it’s still there. Everything works so it’s purely cosmetic but kind of a mystery. I closed it in Jira because I don’t see it in fresh installs or my local site upgraded to beta 1 but it’s still there on the remote.

My MODX Extras
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at May 29, 2009, 06:01 PM

BTW, I still have that goofy bug where the right-side menu drop-downs show the keys instead of the values (in FF).  I’ve cleared all caches & cookies, deleted the core/cache directory, reloaded the core lexicon, and done several installs, but it’s still there.  Everything works so it’s purely cosmetic but kind of a mystery. I closed it in Jira because I don’t see it in fresh installs or my local site upgraded to beta 1 but it’s still there on the remote.

Right. That’s an ExtJS bug with Comboboxes (ExtJS combos are the bane of me) that i’ve just been completely unable to fix. I’ve tried adding settimeout calls to refresh it, but that seems to only work with a delay - if at all.

The problem is that the combobox’s store (basically its data storage object) isn’t loaded until you click the trigger for the combo. They don’t load on render. So, to circumvent that, I had extended the Ext.form.ComboBox class to create MODx.combo.ComboBox, which fires the load on render...but this doesn’t always seem to fire, and causes problems with rendering if the combo isn’t fully placed or rendered yet. Hence the value only appearing, since the store doesnt have the display values yet.

Basically I’m stumped at this point. Maybe a fix will come to me in a couple months. Who knows.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 24,544 Posts
            I did some naive Googling and this seemed vaguely relevant. Probably not, but I thought I’d mention it:

Store fires load on success or loadexception on failure. This is an indication of whether the data was successfully processed and loaded into the store, it’s not checking a success property in your data stream. If you wanted to listen further up the chain, you could listen to the proxy’s requestcomplete and requestexception events, which are just the downstream handlers for the Ajax success/failure events that you’re familiar with. These events get a number of arguments which may assist if you need to do further processing.
              My MODX Extras