We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 98 Posts
    Hi, this is Nick_smallworld, a moderator of Japanese community.

We are watching SVN and so many commitment had been done in recent, so we infer that the release day of Evolution (Ver1.0) will come soon.

So, we would be glad if you let us know about the schedule of the day, supposing that you are plannning of the date of release.

We will prepare the announcement and some pathes or things to do for localization’s  issues.

Best Regards,

Nick from Tokyo, Japan
    • Hi Nick_smallworld,
      I am planning to work on some of the critical and blocker tickets in Jira over the next day or two.
      However, I really don’t know about release plans. I think it’s a great suggestion to give all of the international communities a heads up before the release.
      nP
      p.s. I wish I could read Japanese. It seems like a lot of great people are active in the community. Maybe I’ll take a course smiley
        Mike Schell
        Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
        Email: [email protected]
        GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
        Twitter: @mkschell
      • Quote from: netProphET at May 21, 2009, 01:57 PM

I am planning to work on some of the critical and blocker tickets in Jira over the next day or two.
        However, I really don’t know about release plans. I think it’s a great suggestion to give all of the international communities a heads up before the release.
        nP
        Great netProphET! Thanks for stepping up on the Evo tasks. As for release plans, I expect we should run a beta and/or RC phase at least, while we notify translators so they can provide the updates before final release.

Quote from: netProphET at May 21, 2009, 01:57 PM

p.s. I wish I could read Japanese. It seems like a lot of great people are active in the community. Maybe I’ll take a course smiley
        You are not the only one who wishes. Might be time to invest in some language learning software...
          • 98 Posts
          Hi, thank you for your replies.

>netProphET

Your opinion sounds really great for us.

Yama, one of Japanese community moderators, said "netProphET(Mike) is a really good guy, he gives me a comment on my (Yama’s)twitter. Please give him a regard. "

I give you his comment as his representative.

>Jason,

We would be happy if you will give an announcement on the "important News" board when the beta version of Evolution will be released. Japanese members pay attentions for "Important News" and "Security Notice" bobard. I guess every community around the world are also watching carefully.

Quote from: OpenGeek at May 21, 2009, 02:44 PM

nP
          Great netProphET! Thanks for stepping up on the Evo tasks. As for release plans, I expect we should run a beta and/or RC phase at least, while we notify translators so they can provide the updates before final release.

You are not the only one who wishes. Might be time to invest in some language learning software...
          • Quote from: にっく at May 26, 2009, 12:18 AM

>Jason,

We would be happy if you will give an announcement on the "important News" board when the beta version of Evolution will be released. Japanese members pay attentions for "Important News" and "Security Notice" bobard. I guess every community around the world are also watching carefully.
            We absolutely will announce the Release Candidate for Evolution (I don’t think we’re doing a beta phase for Evolution at this time, since it is mostly bug fixes and small improvements) in the Important News board. Stay tuned...