We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Bump . . .
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • Quote from: BobRay at May 18, 2009, 06:23 PM

This is making me nuts. I modified the config.inc.php file slightly and got things workng (temporarily). It appears that the install may not have correctly set some of the urls.
      Can you be more specific please?

Quote from: BobRay at May 18, 2009, 06:23 PM

A bug in the top menu drop-downs was still showing so I decided to do another upgrade install. The install ran out of memory. It’s set at 32M and my attempts to up that to 64M don’t seem to have any effect. Is there a way of installing that will use less memory?
      Not at this time, no. We certainly will be optimizing this, just not at this time.

Quote from: BobRay at May 18, 2009, 06:23 PM

In addition, the install set all the files back to 666. I can’t find the setup code that’s doing that so I can change it. Can somebody point me to the code?
      This needs to become configurable for new installs and available as settings for upgrades. I just recently made several changes to the code that is responsible for this behavior to make this much more configurable. We’ll detail this in documentation for beta.