We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Mea Culpa.

I fell asleep last night early, and didn't wake up until late ... guess I've been burning the midnight oil a bit more than I realized. :lol:

At any rate, before I cratered last evening, the files were in pretty good shape and a test site is up an running well. Heck, even got a few bugs squished in the interim, too!

However, we need to get the installer in a bit better shape before its safe to release as a technology preview. And we need to make the announcement about the development team. Lots of great stuff coming soon folks ... very soon!
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 109 Posts
      Great! Looking forward to it!

Richard
      • Howdy folks, just wanted to provide a quick update and let you know we have not fallen off the planet. Some incredible progress has been made in fact!

What we're doing right now...

Cleaning up the installer -- there's still a few things that just aren't smooth enough. Testing on Windows and Linux servers. The good news is that it will upgrade pretty much anything from Etomite 0.6 or the MODx stuff, or do a clean install.

Manager overhaul -- you're going to love the revised layout and menu organization. It makes it a much more pleasant system to use.

Code refactoring -- the entire webuser system has been udpated and you can now have webuser accounts automatically created and web users can change their account password without accessing the manager.

Event Plugins -- if you thought TVs and other MODx innovations were cool, wait 'til you see these! You'll quite literally be blown away at the power it gives developers to work with and change the way the system works without having to touch the core code. What this does is make it easy to customize the system and still maintain a friendly upgrade path.

Documentation -- the first drafts are done and this important ongoing effort will only get better. Extensive end-user documentation as well as a good set of developer documents.

We've been busy folks and the results will surface very soon! laugh
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • And here's yet another update on the status:

Installer -- done for a preview release but needs testing on few more servers. We think we nailed the last of the show stopping bugs here. Heck, consider it done!

Manager overhaul -- a new default layout is being implemented and will hopefully be tossed into the testing mill today.

Code refactoring -- done today.

Event Plugins -- done.

Documentation -- Drafts of everything done. Expect improvements in scope and quality ongoing.