We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,732 Posts
    Quote from: sottwell at Aug 24, 2005, 09:39 AM

It looks like if you do an upgrade and just accept all the default snippet and plugin installations you’ll get a double FCKEditor installation.  Maybe the installer should disable all of the snippet and plugin install options if it’s an upgrade?

Really? that’s odd there’s code inside the installer to detect a previous installation:

$rs = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $dbase.`".$table_prefix."site_plugins` WHERE name='$name'",$sqlParser->conn);
    if (mysql_num_rows($rs)) {
    	if(!@mysql_query("UPDATE $dbase.`".$table_prefix."site_plugins` SET plugincode='$plugin' WHERE name='$name';",$sqlParser->conn)) {
    		echo "<p>".mysql_error()."</p>";
    		return;
    	}
    	echo "<p>  $name: <span class='ok'>Upgraded</span></p>";
    }
    else{					
    	if(!@mysql_query("INSERT INTO $dbase.`".$table_prefix."site_plugins` (name,description,plugincode,properties,moduleguid) VALUES('$name','$desc','$plugin','$properties','$guid');",$sqlParser->conn)) {
    		echo "<p>".mysql_error()."</p>";
    		return;
    	}
    	echo "<p>  $name: <span class='ok'>Installed</span></p>";
    }
      xWisdom
      www.xwisdomhtml.com
      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
      • 1 Posts
      I saw the same thing!

Two records for QuickEdit after the upgrade. I delete one of them in think it might solve the problem but it did not. I figure I miss something else so I just went ahead wipe out the whole install and installed from scratch.