We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Sigh...well...to complicate things, I’ve been testing TinyMCE with this and I’m having little luck. It appears that TinyMCE doesn’t have any real way of wrapping the editor bars. The Advanced theme has three bars of buttons and there isn’t any options to add on another bar for spanning purposes. Basically we’re stuck with three editor bars and no way of really reducing the width with TinyMCE so....looks like we may just have to increase the default width to 650 or so. I like 660 since it works well with TinyMCE and FCK...makes the editor button bars look pretty good. I’m keeping the small change I made to FCKeditor though...it’ll help in the longrun. smiley
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 680 Posts
      Okay, here is a link to QuickEdit v7. It should be released in 3.3 whenever it comes out.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,848.msg5375.html#msg5375

I set the richtext editor to 660px width as Jeff suggested and defaulted everythnig else to 400px. The width setting can easily be changed in the editor.css file. The way it works is that the form in the editor window get’s a class with the same name as the TV type ( richtext, checkbox, etc) that way you can set the width of the form via CSS and the window will automatically resize to fit the form.

I also fied the problem with checkbox values getting saved and integrated the document save plugings.