We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ve been working on yeti.modxcms.com and want to get a bit of feedback on the way the templates are being setup.

I’m seeing what I consider an unnecessary amount of HTML divs and styles within the content field for the document resources.

It makes more sense for a consistent use of either pagetitle as the H2 and longtitle as H3 and have the main [[*content]] within the <div class="grid_6 alpha">

I’m just looking to make it work as easily as possible as we then move the blog over and integrate ReleaseMe.

With that I’d also like to move the side notes into a tv and have it output when there are notes and not have it in the content pane. I feel that setting it up the way I’d set it up for a client makes far more sense than risking inconsistent formatting. Consistency is a bridge to building better pages, better understanding and an image of clear communications.

Agreement? Shall I just go ahead and change these all over? Especially before we migrate the blog.

Cheers,

Jay
      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
    • Let’s definitely move the side notes over. Not sure about the H2/H3 stuff ... Jeff?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 577 Posts
        like the fresh look.

I am a dumb user -- so, I was having trouble finding the link to "home" ...

Also, was wondering about the footer... seems a bit busy, large ...
          Tangent-Warrior smiley