We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Here is a list of essential reads of the marketing forum (I’ll update this list regularly) :

• The Creative Brief : This post from Ryan dates back to july 2005, but is very much the foundation of any marketing document for MODx. Helps understand what was MODx intended for from the beginning.
    • MODx in a nutshell : As Ryan puts it, "the following is the first draft of an idea for transmitting MODx to someone who doesn’t know much about it". A great update to the Creative Brief above.
    • Competitive Intelligence for MODx and beyond : Jason started a thread with a great analysis of MODx/tattoo’s competition. Great insight about our current and future positionning. A must read.
    • Marketing Plan for 2006 (Before the IM conference) : I laid out some ideas as a starting point for Marketing Plan. Some nice input from Carsten in there. Don’t forget to follow the IM Conference link, as it explains who participated in the conference. You can find a summary of what had been said in the link below. I have kept a verbatim of what has been said there. If you want them, please PM me.
    • Marketing Plan for 2006-2007 (after the IM conference) : Basically, this thread gathers all team ideas and decision regarding marketing MODx for 2006. As you will see, most things have not yet been implemented : I count on you to provide feedback. I’ll re-schedule the task and if someone is willing to help... I’d appreciate !
    • MODx "elevator pitch" draft : Originally, this started as a translation for the french Framasoft article. I really ended up rewriting it from scratch. Right now, this first draft is aimed at designers, but I’d like to have the same kind of arguments for content editors/content managers and coders. Any contribution, remark, is most welcome !
    • Long overdue MODx history and future : This article provides great perspective about the project, a must read if you did not read it yet.
    • Andreas idea to promote MODx : I’ll quote Andreas himself to give you the summary of this thread : "The basic core of the idea is that I will release a WordPress theme based on the default theme of MODx (from my own design), directly when MODx with my design is released, I release a WP-theme version. In the footer of the WP theme, I write: "Theme: Fashion - ported from MODx" where MODx is linked directly to MODxCMS.com."
    • Boost marketing : getting ready -> How, When, Who ? : Some ideas I laid out to revive the marketing efforts. I have been pretty busy business-wise the past months and I wanted to find some solutions to keep things rolling at all times and get things done.
    • Funding MODx

-----------------

Threads elsewhere on the forums that are very interresting from a marketing perspective :

MODx as a business weapon
    Simplicity Sells
    Ideas about funding MODx
    Nuggets about the future of MODx (from Ryan)

That’s about it.
    Good reading !

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id