We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I vote for a massive code slim-down where ever possible. (Not that it's terrible now...)

One of the weakest areas is our Rich Text Editor. One I've found recently that is pretty cool is widgEditor.

I the author's own words:
    I've kept it to a minimal functionality set – the sort of styling that you'd require for a weblog or CMS. However, the object oriented code is easily extensible should you be adventurous enough to want to add on extra doodads.

The key to my implementation is the ease with which the widget is installed. Just put in one line of JavaScript at the head of the HTML page, attach a class to whichever textareas you wish to convert, and they're converted! Style the interface purely through CSS and configure all the options in one place in the code – right at the top.

This might be a super-simple, nice surprise for our code release.

Comments?
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 1 Posts
      Since, in reality, once we start dealing with the unwashed masses, I think the editor makes or breaks the entire product, I am not sure that I'm as concerned about the size of the editor versus functionality and stability.

As such, I think I still prefer the idea of integrating fckeditor.

As long as we aren't talking about scrapping that idea in favor of this one, I'm fine w/ having a very simple editor available, too. I just know that widg wouldn't work for any of the projects I've been involved in during the last year...
      • Totally agree about FCK in there too... hmmm... might even be nice to give different users different editors in their permissions/accounts.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1 Posts
          might even be nice to give different users different editors in their permissions/accounts.

I definitely vote for that! smiley
            • 1 Posts
            Hi, the toggle button which help you switch between html and text editor on the resource page is missing. I have tried all the mentioned suggestions. Nothing seems to work. Please help.