We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hey everybody, I’m Tierney.

I am an aspiring web designer and developer; I just finished my first miniature design of a login modal, and I’m working on the design for my design (can I say it enough?) web site. I’ve been looking into a few different CMSs lately, and I think I’ve settled on ModX. I come from a background of forums, specifically MyBB forums. I like helping people with their software issues, and I just love software.

I just read an article that compared WordPress and ModX,and I have to say that I was impressed. I’ve been looking for a good, not mainstream CMS lately, and I think I’ve finally decided on ModX.
    • Yay, another one who use[ds] MyBB laugh

Welcome to the MODX forums, I think you’ll love it here.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 2,314 Posts
        The most sites i have seen in this Category were terrible but your site looks nice.
        which one? did i miss something, is/was there a link?
          • 312 Posts
          I was also wondering where?
            DEVELOPMENT ENV:- Ubuntu 12.04 | MODx Revolution 2.2.8 | LAMP 2i Apache 2.2.22 | Php 5.3.10 | Mysql 5.5.31 MySQL client version: 5.5.31
            • 2 Posts
            Quote from: sharkbait at May 17, 2011, 04:36 PM

The most sites i have seen in this Category were terrible but your site looks nice.
            which one? did i miss something, is/was there a link?

Did I say that? It’s not in the post now (and I didn’t edit it out).
              • 312 Posts
              yep it seems this was the post. grin
              http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,64562.msg365557.html#msg365557
              wrong thread. I also seem to remember reading same.

I still did not find a link to your site. smiley
                DEVELOPMENT ENV:- Ubuntu 12.04 | MODx Revolution 2.2.8 | LAMP 2i Apache 2.2.22 | Php 5.3.10 | Mysql 5.5.31 MySQL client version: 5.5.31